Dr. Faith Polkey
Chief Executive Officer
The Mission of Beaufort Jasper Comprehensive Health Services, Inc. is to provide quality, affordable, accessible and comprehensive health care services to the South Carolina Lowcountry Community.
- Beaufort Jasper Comprehensive Health Services, Inc. (BJCHS) was organized to deliver comprehensive health services to residents of the socially and economically deprived residents of Beaufort & Jasper Counties
- BJCHS was incorporated in 1969
- OEO (Office of Economic Opportunity later becoming the Dept. of Health, Education & Welfare – Public Health Services) awarded BJCHS $754,373
- Implementation of the program
- 1974 BJCHS under Federal mandate implemented a Financial Plan
- Reduce reliance on Federal funds
- Increase patient, local government, & other grant support
- 1999 received Ryan White funding. Since 2004 BJHCHS has averaged 218 active HIV patients per year.
- 1999 The Department of Health & Human Services approved expansion into Hampton County. Thus, BJCHS became BJHCHS (Beaufort Jasper Hampton Comprehensive Health Services, Inc.)
Ryan White Program
School Based Health
Substance Abuse Services
In remaining responsive to the ever-changing health care needs of our community, BJHCHS has expanded our facilities, programs, and services while never losing sight of our mission – To provide quality, accessible, and comprehensive health care services to the South Carolina Low Country Community.
I am proud of what we have been able to accomplish at BJHCHS. Our success is a result of our continuing commitment to the needs of our communities served, clinical excellence, and an operational structure that focuses on the patients.